The Arc of Triumph (Lego)

On September 30th I turned 11. FedEx was supposed to ship birthday presents along with my dad’s new phone, some mints, and fish oil. That stuff was supposed to get here before my birthday, on like the 26th or something. NOT. It got here on the 6th of October!! Like 10 days late!! Anyway. One of the Lego sets that I got was a model of the Arc de Triomphe or Arc of Triumph. It has 386 tiny pieces and it took me about 45 minutes to build. The instructions were kind of complicated. This was also my first Lego architecture set.


The Arc de Triomphe (Arc of Triumph) is a 162 ft tall, 150 ft wide, and 72 ft deep white limestone structure located at the western end of the Champs-Elysees in Paris, France.
The arc was built over 30 years (1806-1838). The construction was halted in 1814 because Napoleon was defeated. The construction was picked back up in 1833 in the name of King Louis-Philippe I.
The Arc was built in honor of Napoleon. In fact, the first stone was laid on Napoleon’s birthday. The Arc is an emblem of French patriotism. The Arc de Triomphe is dedicated to the French armed forces.
Arc of Triumph was built using white limestone.


My favorite thing about the set is all of the small pieces. Also what I like about it is that when you put it together it is the size of my hand. Using 386 pieces!!!Oct 6, 2017 1:00:46 PM.jpgOct 6, 2017 1:02:09 PM.jpg


         Cool right?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Cacha falling star gardens